Kraken-post: Re: Re: Swammerdammerstaartje

Re: Re: Swammerdammerstaartje

 Stuur Bericht   Over de lijst  Datum-lijn   Reactie-lijn   Onderwerp-lijn   Auteur-lijn   Hoofdmenu

From: Th. J. A. de Bruin (tdebruin@dds.nl)
Date: 03 Feb 2001 21:47 uur

Sorry Ox maar ik wil toch even op Hanzw reageren. Het zal niet de eerste
noch de laatste keer zijn dat krakersters nietsvermoedend flinke
gezondheids risico's lopen, dus wel enigszins relevant.

Hanzwave schreef:

>Though science has been trying to make us believe every atom of
>heavy metal ingested will remain in your body till death do you
>part, there is strong (scientific) evidence of the opposite:
>etc...

Mmmh, hanz, although I'm normally rather impressed with your knowledge on
edible plants and industrial pollution, I would not be too sure about that
one. I personnaly still tend to believe the 'scientific' theory that says
that heavy metal poisoning is 'absolute'. This means that the very small
amounts of heavy metals which gather in e.g. a fish never go out of the
body. The metals are just 'stored' somewhere in the body, and during the
time that the fish lives in the polluted area the level of toxic heavy
metal stored in his body grows slowly - but never decreases; and this can
go on for generations. This is why this kind of pollution only gets obvious
when it's basically too late. And mostly even the heavier poisonings only
start having effect at the end of the winter: because the heavy metals are
stored in the fat layers of the body, the actual poisoning occurs when the
fish has finished consuming its winter reserves.
So I personally would not follow the advise of fasting (though i believe
that fasting normally is very healthy) if you're afraid of having too much
heavy metal in your body. Rather keep fat! Eat more greasy spoon, and drink
more belgian beer!

grts a.

Get public key for <tdebruin@dds.nl> at Idap://pgp.surfnet.nl/11370